High protein mac and cheese is a delicious comfort food. It can be high in protein, calories, and good nutrition too. For those needing some extra calories to either stop weight loss or promote weight gain, this high protein mac and cheese is a great option. The broccoli in this recipe adds some extra color, fiber, and boost of nutrients. The broccoli can be left out for more picky eaters.
Course: Main Course, Side Dish
Author: Katie Dodd
- 14.5 ounces whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 4 cups Frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to box directions and add 1 tsp salt to the water.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt together milk, butter, yogurt, cheese, salt and pepper. Stir frequently.
- Cook frozen broccoli according to directions on the bag.
- Drain pasta when done and combine with cheese sauce and broccoli.